Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 3

Our major project for this week was to replace the Shrimp Industry exhibit (in the KRC area that we put up that is displayed as part of the Smithosonian section of the Journey Stories exhibit) with the Mardi Gras exhibit. When I arrived on Monday, the Shrimp industry had already been taken down, and Dr. Nuwer had started on the Mardi Gras exhibit. 
I trimmed and adhered photos to black foam core to display, and assisted Shugana with placement in the exhibit. I also pulled several books from the library collection and displayed them on the center table.  Also, I researched the history of Mardi Gras as a holiday, and then the history of the Mardi Gras Indians, and wrote text for the exhibit which I then trimmed and mounted on foam core to display in the exhibit, as well.
On Tuesday, I researched addresses for supporters of the KRC so that thank you letters could be sent out.
I then spent time reviewing archiving techniques and principles using a CD supplied by Shugana.



Front entrance to Mardi Gras exhibit.




Right side wall of Mardi Gras exhibit.



Photo of Mardi Gras Indian in Mardi Gras exhibit.




No comments:

Post a Comment