Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 2

This week I did a variety of tasks. I created clear labels containing exhibit information to attach to the backs of postcards to be given out to visitors during the Journey Stories exhibit.  I also straightened out the storage room and re-organized it. And called Paul's Pastries to see if they migtht donate King Cakes for our Mardi Gras presentation.
I also researched various local historical societies to get mailing addresses for them so we could send out information about the exhibits to them.
I got started briefly on the Gulf Park Women's Collection archives, which I'll be working on throughout the semester. The collection contains a great deal of material that needs to be digitized and accessioned.
This project will give me excellent "on-the-job" experience and training in processing a real-world archival collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment